[Humor] POLITICAL CORRECTNESS EXPLAINED BY PRESIDENT TRUMAN

Tim Kehres tim at kehres.com
Thu Apr 9 23:54:20 HKT 2015

*Subject: FINALLY, A DEFINITION OF THE TERM "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS! *

For the last six odd years, almost all of the things I wanted to write
or say, have been stymied by a recently coined term referred to as
"POLITICAL CORRECTNESS"! Although I consider myself rather fluent in the
English language, that term was not in my vocabulary. My curiosity got
the best of me and I decided to do a little research and after two weeks
of chasing fruitless leads, I found what I'd been looking for at the
Truman Library and Museum in Independence Missouri. A unnamed source
there sent me copies of four telegrams that were between Harry Truman
and Douglas MacArthur on the day before the actual signing of the
Surrender Agreement.

The contents of those four telegrams below are exactly as received, not
a word has been added or deleted!

(1) Tokyo,Japan

0800-September 1,1945

To: President Harry S Truman

From: General D A MacArthur

Tomorrow we meet with those yellow bellied bastards and sign the
Surrender Documents, any last minute instructions!

(2) Washington, D C

1300-September 1, 1945

To: D A MacArthur

From: H S Truman

Congratulations, job well done, but you must tone down your obvious
dislike of the Japanese when discussing the terms of the surrender with
the press, because some of your remarks are fundamentally not
politically correct!

(3) Tokyo, Japan

1630-September 1, 1945

To: H S Truman

From: D A MacArthur and C H Nimitz

Wilco Sir, but both Chester and I are somewhat confused, exactly what
does the term politically correct mean?

(4) Washington, D C

2120-September 1, 1945

To: D A MacArthur/C H Nimitz

From: H S Truman

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds
forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of
shit by the clean end!