[Humor] Fwd: Phenomenal 2 letter word!

John Kater kater.john at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 10:36:16 HKT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------

​
IS CLEVER!
I'm   sure you will enjoy this.  I never knew one word in the English
language that can be a  noun, verb, adj, adv, prep.           UP

Read until the end ... You'll laugh.

This two-letter word in English has more meanings than any other two-letter
word, and that word is   UP      .'         It is listed in the dictionary
as an [adv.], [prep], [adj.],  [n] or [v].

It's easy to understand   UP       , meaning toward the sky or at the top
of the list, but when we awaken in the morning, why do we wake   UP
?

At a meeting, why does a topic come   UP     ?  Why do we speak   UP
, and why are the officers   UP      for election (if there is a tie, it is
a toss   UP       ) and why is it   UP   to the secretary to write
UP       a report?  We call       UP       our friends, brighten   UP
a room, polish       UP       the silver, warm   UP       the leftovers and
clean   UP       the kitchen.  We lock   UP      the house and fix
UP       the old car.

At other times, this little word has real special meaning.  People stir
UP             trouble, line   UP       for tickets, work   UP       an
appetite, and think   UP              excuses.

To be dressed is one thing but to be dressed   UP      is
special.

And this   UP       is confusing:  A drain must be opened   UP   because it
is blocked   UP     ..

We open   UP       a store in the morning but we close it   UP   at night.
We seem to be pretty mixed       UP      about   UP       !

To be knowledgeable about the proper uses of   UP      , look
UP               the word   UP           in the dictionary.  In a
desk-sized dictionary, it takes   UP               almost 1/4 of the page
and can add   UP       to about thirty definitions.

If you are   UP               to it, you might try building   UP       a
list of the many ways   UP             is used.  It will take  UP   a lot
of your time, but if you don't give   UP       , you may wind   UP
with (       UP       to) a hundred or more.

When it threatens to rain, we say it is clouding   UP      . When the sun
comes out, we say it is clearing   UP      .  When it rains, it soaks
UP               the earth. When it does not rain for a while, things dry
UP       .         One could go on and on, but I'll wrap it   UP       ,
for now . . . My time is   UP       !

Oh.  . . One more thing:  What is the first thing you do in the morning and
the last thing you do at night?

U           P       !

Did that one crack you   UP       ?

Don't screw   UP       ..   Send this on to everyone you look   UP   in
your address book . . . Or not . . . it's  UP               to you.

Now I'll shut   UP       !

No virus found in this message.