[Humor] Miniaturization museum

CERTES Mail crunge at certes.com
Thu Dec 5 00:35:29 HKT 2019

Fun day at the Miniature Engineering Craftsmanship Museum in Oceanside. Amazing miniaturization of engines, planes, cars, ships, houses, etc. We got to see a demonstration of several running engines, some very interesting widgets produced in their machine shop, and a very interesting application of Eulers’ math to a rotating disc. We were also able to see 8 engines produced by a friend in our Soup Group.

Some of the highlights of the miniaturization follow.

A “rod” stuck through a hole drilled in a human hair.

The smallest Diesel engine ever made. So small that when the fuel line was scaled down it was too small for diesel fuel to pass through and the engine ran on diesel fumes.

A 1/6 scale Duesenberg taking 20,000 hours and 10 years to build; the drive train (engine, transmission and rear axle), sterling, etc all work.

And finally, many V8 and rotary aircraft engines, even those where the entire piston bank rotated.

Well worth a visit if you are in the area.